Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Las Vegas, NV and the Pontiac GXP


So...I go from Portland to Atlanta on Tuesday, then Thursday morning go from Atlanta to Las Vegas. And oh god was it hot. According to the in car thermometer- 116 degrees.


Now speaking of the car, I previously mentioned I'm fond of the Pontiac Grand Prix. For a rental...it's not bad. This time, instead of a GP...I got a GXP. Evidently there is a difference. First off, I noticed the cross-drilled rotors both front and rear hiding behind the factory chrome wheels. And the V8 badge on the back. And the "tapshift" paddles on the wheel.


This one is different...in a good way.


So she's got some pep. Which is really fun to play with...especially since the traction control makes the car sway from left and right trying to balance out the power. And this "tapshift" is actually kinda fun. But I did find an issue- the gearing. The car has power, but it doesn't seem to put it to the ground effectively. So I decided to test something. I put it in tapshift, selected first gear, and put my foot to the floor. Somewhere between 60 and 65, I hit redline. No joke. This car is geared WAY too tall for that engine. Probably since it would be too rough for the older crowd who would probably fork over the money for it.


Just like the American Auto manufacturers- make something cool and then mess it up with something simple.


So now about Vegas. I hate working in Vegas, because everyone is there to party and I'm there to work. And how lame is this- I was so worn out by all the recent adventures and travel, I was in bed by 8pm. No joke. So no drinking, no gambling, no nothing in Vegas.


It just seems wrong.

No comments: