Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Seattle Trip #2.5- Subaru Outback


So I was in Seattle working for a couple days after Waterwagens. Since Gayle had to go back to Portland before me, I rented a car to drive around for work and then back down to Portland on Wednesday. So I roll to the airport and head to Hertz...and they have my chariot all ready for me.


A Subaru Outback.


Now there's really nothing wrong with a Subaru...except for the fact that it's a Subaru. Frankly, it's boring as hell. Bland interior, bland exterior, no get-up-and-go...just blah. Plus living in the Northwest, there are a stigma surrounding the brand....it's a hippie lesbian ride.


So I rocked the hell out of it. I went total Yuppie on it- talking on the phone, texting, and emailing from behind the wheel. I drove like a bat out of hell- favoring the aggressive style rather than the laid back hippie approach. Eating processed foods and visiting a major chain coffeehouse every chance I could get. Until it was time to go home.


I've made the drive from Seattle to Portland more times than I can remember...and it's boring. I find the best way is to just put it on cruise control and just zone out with some tunes. However, the Subaru has another trait- it's evidently a cop magnet. I got popped for 70 in a 60 between Tacoma and Olympia...even though I had been getting passed left and right just before hand. LOL!


Oh well, I chalk it up to karma. I drove like an ass for a couple days before and even though I was just chillin this time, Karma found me. No big deal...I have no tickets on my record, so hopefully I can defer it. If not, I'll hire a lawyer and see if we can't get it dropped completely.


As for my opinion of Subarus- they still suck ass.

No comments: