Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Portland, OR and lots of Jetta driving

So I went back to Portland for a couple days for our Going Away Party (Weird, huh?). This was an odd experience- it really didn't feel like I had left yet. More like I was coming home again from a work trip. It was a good time...but very trying. I hadn't seen Gayle in almost 3 weeks, and even though we were spending 4 days together, we didn't really get any time to ourselves. We spent most of our time running errands and trying to accomodate all the requests to see us.


For example, Monday we woke up and headed to Vancouver for a doctor's appointment at 9, then downtown Portland for a dentist appointment at 12, back up to Vancouver for Gayle's hair appointment, then out to Beaverton for a car appointment and back up to the 'Couve to pick her up again. Like I said...fun time.


I got a lot done while I was back though. Saw lots of friends, got lots of stuff packed, got an offer on one of the houses, and probably the best of all:


I came to Portland with a girlfriend, and I left with a fiance!



It was a good trip! :)

2 comments:

Dan said...

Congratulations Ed and Gayle!

dc

gayle said...

I love you baby <3