Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Duluth, GA and "the house"


So I found it.


3 Bedrooms/2.5 baths in a new subdivision about 5 miles from work. Somewhere between 2000 and 2200 square feet finished, with a framed unfinished basement. Situated on a lot that backs up to a greenspace, and a very high level of fit and finish. In fact, it was so perfect I bought it without Gayle even seeing it. Yes...I was nervous, but when I walked her through it the first time she was absolutely ecstatic! I did good :)


This is the third house I have purchased, and you would think it gets easier, but it doesn't. So many things that crop up...it gets overwhelming. In fact, when I bought my first house someone along the way told me that buying a house causes as much stress as having a family member dying. I believe it...every time it amazes me.


Like this time, my house in Vancouver hasn't sold yet but I have to be out of the temporary housing by 11/30. Instead of renting a place and then trying to buy a house, I figured I'd just try to buy a place and cut out the middle man. This, as you can imagine, is an expensive process. And I don't know what it is...but once you think you've got it all figured out, someone comes and requires another couple grand.


Yesterday I found out the closing costs were underestimated, so I have to find $3500 by the end of the month. And today my new neighbors gave us permission to tie into the existing fence they have on their property- if we sign a legal document and put in a gate in the back of their fence. I have no idea when our stuff is going to show up, and we have house guests arriving 4 days after we get the keys.


Oh...and all of this while I'm starting a new job in a new city where I don't know anyone or where anything is.


Oh what fun it is to ride!

1 comment:

gayle said...

You did perfect baby!

I so love the house and I know right now the money stuff is the suck but it will all work itself out.