Friday, January 4, 2008

Ahhhh....Quiet Time!

It's amazing what can happen when you get some time to yourself and stop running around like crazy. For the last week or two, I've actually lived a fairly normal life- and it's been very nice. I've been able to turn my attention to getting settled in the house.

After only three weeks of bathing in front of a picture window, we finally have curtains in the master bedroom and bathroom. I'm sure the workers building the house next to us appreciate that very much, now that they don't have to look at me naked in the morning anymore.

It was an adventure getting them however. Gayle had picked some out in a Target, but of course they didn't have enough to fit our needs. So did we order more? Nooooooo....why do that when there are 3 Targets in a 5 mile radius of your house. So we started out in one Target with a plan, but insufficient hardware and draperies to complete it. We bought what we could and drove to Target #2, where we found more of the hardware, but no more draperies. On to Target #3, where we completed the hardware requirement but were still lacking on the draperies. So did we give up? Nooooo...purchased a different color, or at least as many as we could. Then back to Target #1 and #2 to get the rest in the new color.

I'm sure the guy at Visa that monitors my account activity was like 'WTF is he doing!?'. But screw him...I have curtains now!

I've also succeeded in clearing out all the boxes from the garage that don't belong there, and unpacking all but 3 or4 of the ones that contain garage stuff. I've cleared enough space to park one car in the garage, and after this weekend and a trip or two to Goodwill I should be able to park both car inside. That right there is a victory in my mind. Not too mention I dug out all my tools and got them organized- another victory. Plus I acquired a crappy fridge to keep in my newly uncluttered garage specifically for the storage of malty brews and fermented grapes. Once I fill it up, that will be a BIG victory! ;)

The inside of the house is starting to come along as well, with a few walls getting a few decorations and some clutter piles getting knocked out. Of course this means I have one room completely full of crap...but at least I know what crap is in there.

No comments: